These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, August 20, 2021

In the Company of Love


 

I did a reading from In the Currents of Quiet at the Rangeley Library this week. Five wonderful women sat in a socially distanced circle and listened to my words, my stories and shared some of their own. After that lovely time I went for a late evening swim just down the street in Rangeley Lake. It was quite magical being in the glowing waters as the sun was setting.

I had been working on this poem over the past few days and that experience helped me complete it... I think.

In the Company of Love

Sunset clouds roll
over surrounding hills
with quiet power
and beauty.
Rains diminish,
leaving them to
 uncoil, expand, let go.
Silent swimmer slides
into the calm, golden water,
 allows her body to be held.
She lays back, breathes, relaxes
as waters, sky,
radiant clouds
blend into her being.
 Quivery pains that surfaced
from a once stagnant abyss
swirl away slowly.
In moments of buoyancy
both clouds and sorrows
seem grateful that she knows
to attend and allow.
Innate resilience,
ubiquitous grace,
 shifting waters of healing,
once again support and guide her.
She scans the sky,
realizes that often
the most intense sadness
keeps company
with pure, profound love.
In acknowledging one,
enabling the other,
aches ease,
soul settles,
and the light of Love
gleams brilliantly
 through
it all.

Sarah Carlson
August 20, 2021

1 comment:

  1. Your light and your love gleams brightly through all of your poems. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete