These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, August 9, 2021

When the Doing is Done


 When the Doing is Done

Miles and miles pass.
Arduous, easy,
everything in between.
 On the shore
of a wilderness lake –
aglow from
paddling with family,
setting up camp,
grandson snuggles,
a hearty meal by the campfire
I climb into my waiting tent.
Lulled by diminishing winds,
lapping waves,
loon calls echoing
I lay down to rest.
A sense of ease permeates,
my soul settles completely,
I  seem to know myself
as never before.
I allow it to widen,
feel the intrinsic delight
of embracing pure divine grace.
Back home
 I revisit the comfort
of that sensation,
 understand the impact
of  recognizing
when the doing is done,
 holding that which makes
 one feel
sheltered, connected,
sustained and loved.

Sarah Carlson
August 8, 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment