These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, August 2, 2021

The Me That He Sees


 

This poem has been partially written, nestled in my journal for several days. This heart rock helped me round it out to completion. I found it just under the surface of the quiet morning waters of Lobster Lake, Maine during a recent wilderness camping trip with my daughter and her family. 


The Me That He Sees

It comes in fits and starts,
this pleasant sense of drifting
to places where sediments have settled
and images are crystal clear.
The energy of it,
of me,
is pure and full of grace.
My heart no longer feels broken,
though there will always be a void.
I experience a wholeness
that includes the hollow
and all that has come from adjusting.
Obstacles and challenges,
both past and present,
disperse with the waves
or dissolve into the truth of me –
whatever serves me best.
In those moments
I flow with less restriction,
my soul settles
ever more deeply,
I find treasure in me.
My gentle smile permeates within,
stretches beyond the horizon,
as I realize this is the me
that he saw all along,
that he sees
 still.

Sarah Carlson
July 23, 2021-
August 2, 2021

1 comment: