These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, June 25, 2023

Reach and Stretch and Strive


Reach and Stretch and Strive

You climb much higher
than I think you can go.
I stand close,
as grandmothers do,
though I know to let you
reach and stretch and strive.
You give your all
in everything you do,
while feeling free
to ask for a hand
or a lift
or a cuddle
when you have a need.
Like when mosquitos swarm
on a biking trail,
just after the fun
of chasing dragonflies
across a wooden bridge.
“Carry me, Oma!”
you say with
sweet conviction.
And, somehow,
I summon strength
I didn’t know I had
until right there,
right then.
I hang your bike on mine,
carry you first on one side,
then the other
and onward we go.
Being with you
is so incredibly inspirational
as we reach and stretch and strive
together.

    Sarah Carlson (Oma)
June 25, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment