These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, June 9, 2023

Robust Intricacy


 Robust Intricacy

I look to my garden,
  notice the deep purple
of the first bloom
in a patch of Irises
that hold complex memories
for me.
I pause and breathe,
roll back my shoulders,
stretch into the day.
In good time,
I bend to look
closely
at the robust intricacy
of this hearty blossom,
even with some parts of it
yet to unfurl.
My attention
                    widens
                            a bit
 and I see it surrounded
 by others
not yet open.
I feel warm
and comfortable
within,
paired with a loving
sense of faith.
I smile
with an awareness
that right here,
right now,
that’s really
                  all
                            I need.

Sarah Carlson
June 9, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment