These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, May 22, 2011

My dance

This spot, this tree, this river have been such an inspiration to me over the years. I'm grateful for all we experienced as a family in our lovely 'backyard' - through the years and in the days just before Barry died. I also have such a deep sense of gratitude for all the realizations that seeped into my being here and in so many other beautiful spots in the natural world.


My Dance

Buoyed by the waters that hold my body afloat,
varied currents twist and turn
above and below,
carry things both understood
and not -
a flowing that doesn’t require knowing.
I lay back and relax into the sensations
of being right here, right now.
Energies converge to create
a newness
that actually is very old,
My inner rhythms hum throughout
my core with a freedom and openness
that feels good and right.
My caring heart beats, my keen mind rests,
my gentle soul flows
as I experience
the excitement of deeply trusting
all that has come from journeying
through a hub of darkness that,
once exposed and explored,
has enhanced my light.
Old fears replaced by new facets of love
as I continue to release my self to
dance my very own dance
without reservation.
Nothing to hide, no reason to hold back,
simply time to move to the
rhythms that are mine and feel the
delights of dancing
my very own dance.
Sarah Carlson
August 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment