These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, May 12, 2011

One rainy night

(Photo by Emma Carlson)


One Rainy Night

I made it
all the way in to my core.
It wasn’t easy,
requiring much courage and determination,
but I did it and have been rewarded with the
joy, the ecstasy of rebirth
that I carry with me each and every day.
Yet still I hurt and have been experiencing an old,
familiar confusion coupled
with feelings I can’t really identify.
I had to let my self be with that for a time,
and on this rainy night my wellsprings
demanded freedom.
So I let them come,
let them go,
let them heal,
let them flow.
I felt such power and release,
freedom and relief.
The rain poured down just outside my window
as my body purged itself of emotion
that was real and valid and didn’t need
to be labeled or understood.
As I released I also felt
goodness and purity
from deep in my root.
It was all there, dark and light entwined,
as I more fully tapped my well and my wellsprings
ebbed and flowed as they needed
without interference from my mind.
My heart simply knew it was time
and I knew to listen.
After the rainy night I stepped out under the still dark
morning sky and looked up at the stars,
visible as the storm clouds cleared.
Nature again reassured me and
I marveled anew at the
wonders of this universe that
includes me.

Sarah Carlson
October 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment