These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, May 16, 2011

On the wings of love

In memory of Barry F. Carlson - May 23, 1942 to May 29, 2002. Posted with gratitude, joy, love... and anticipation.

On the Wings of Love


He left me and went to
another place,
but his physical absence has
taken on a presence within me.
That presence is love.
I felt it as a force on the very
day of his passing,
a palpable sensation that washed over
me before I even knew he was gone.
It had a potency that I drew from
in the early days,
but it became somewhat tenuous as
I forged my way through the density
of a core of sorrow.
As I slowly and carefully emerge
I am rediscovering that force
with a clear sense of revival.
The love he left behind with me
combined with a newfound self-love,
provides for a free flowing energy
that continually fuels the melding together of
my pieces
This energy fills me with sweet, sublime power and
liberates me to dance a soulful dance as I
gently peel away the definitive layers,
caress my own countenance,
stretch and strengthen my self even more.
Guided by an ageless wisdom,
buoyed by the winds of my soul,
I am truly free to experience flying
on the wings of love.
Sarah Carlson
March 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment