These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Saturday, May 21, 2011

Soul dance


Soul Dance

It is time for me to liberate my soul to dance.
At times I have surged to
my inner rhythm,
connected to my cadence,
and allowed my self
to groove to my very own beat.
When that happens I feel right and true and real.
I am vital and I soar.
I turned and faced the unattended sorrows of my life.
I examined the pieces of my aching, broken heart
and diligently assembled them anew.
I trusted the process and meandered
my way to a genuine rebirth.
I was deeply injured, but I have healed.
Old patterns still surface on occasion and catch me unaware,
but if I remember to access the newness - I recognize what to do.
I know I am strong and that it is safe to trust,
that my personal power is mine,
that I am valid and goodness flows
around and through my being,
that I am supported both within and without.
I gaze in the mirror and behold eyes that know,
a face that yearns to be free to let my truth show.
It is time for my soul to dance to the unique pulse of my life,
for me to be wholly available in this world and fully present
in this body which is my home.
Only I can let that happen with the purity I deserve.
Only I can channel the energy generated by all the work
I have done to mend my heart, my mind, my spirit.
I understand now that it is only me that blocks me.
Unfettered and unencumbered,
it is essential that I now empower
my sweet, singular soul to dance.
Sarah Carlson
June 22, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment