These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, November 23, 2020

Even a Little Bit of Light


 Even a Little Bit of Light

Some of us have a hefty share
of trying times.
For the most part,
there’s no real
 rhyme or reason
to that.
It just is as it is.
Loss and times of grief
are simply part of being human.
And, when you live and love deeply,
there are just so very many feels
betwixt and between.
As I’ve worked my way in
and around and through the
effects of my own dark times,
I can recognize
that I have this amazing way
of finding the good,
orienting to hope,
 eventually finding
even a little bit of light
no matter how dark
it may be.
I feel so very grateful
that I know this
about me.
It’s an essential
part of my inner embers
that I need to kindle
right now.
I can do that for me.

Sarah Carlson
November 23, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment