These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, November 27, 2020

Years and Years of Tears


 

Years and Years of Tears

And so they come
from deep down in my depths.
I know it’s healthy
to allow them to flow,
though some of them
have powerful currents
of anger
and I feel a bit afraid
of their fierceness.
I’m home alone,
though I believe
that the Divine is here
and there
and everywhere.
Trusting in the
pure benevolence
of that connection
 is still fairly new,
especially in moments
of releasing indignation.
But the time is right,
 conditions oddly favorable,
for years and years of tears
to overflow my tender heart.
And so I will do my best
to allow them without fear.
Anticipating the cleansing,
even now I look
for the light that I know
will eventually show.
I can feel my healing,
but this is hard …
and right now
 it hurts.

Sarah Carlson
November 25, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment