These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, February 19, 2021

Thank You, Father


 Thank You, Father

I took some runs
 on a favorite trail
that we skied together
so very long ago.
Timberline –
where we can gaze to the Whites,
appreciate our valley,
cruise the ridge line with ease.
I wasn’t expecting you,
but the softness of the sky
seemed to descend,
wrap me in comfort and support
as I carved graceful arcs
in the twinkling snow.
Whispered words of gentle reminder
helped me connect to
ubiquitous love.
My whole body settled
into sensations of hope, ease,
security, and peace.
Thank you, Father.
I needed that so very much.
I will once again suspend
in these moments of
in between,
as a stiff, shadowy unease
slowly and steadily melts,
 eventually evaporates away.
 


Sarah Carlson
February 14, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment