These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, July 17, 2020

Above

View from Casco Bay Trail, Wolfe Neck Woods State Park, Maine
Those moments on the bridge (see In Between) continue to teach.

Above

When I fell on that bridge
and could not go on,
it was life changing.
Like that bridge,
I’ve borne a load without question.
That day, those moments
on the bridge with my friend
opened me up
ever more deeply to me.
I’m realizing now
 that my span is magical, too.
In pain, dizzy, breathless, unsure –
 somehow I had a sense
 of being above.
I knew there was more to it
than just the fall.
Both in the midst and
above the fray once again.
My body let me know
 that I simply had to sit, wait,
let the in between be.
I needed that lesson.
As the pain of my injuries slowly subsides,
I realize once more
 the things that matter
are not that complicated,
 come naturally if we let them.
Love, Health, Connection,
Empathy, Trust, Peace.
All part of our make-up,
marvels of engineering that we are.
More evidence that in stopping
there is movement.
Like soft summer clouds
above gentle ocean waves,
accompanied by the whisper of a breeze
in evergreen trees,
there is a freshening
to being neither here nor there,
to allowing time for suspension.
Sarah Carlson
July 17, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment