These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, July 24, 2020

Novel Ways to Shine

Sunrise over Lower Shin Pond, Maine - July 20, 2020


Novel Ways to Shine

Evening waves lap onto shore
as loon calls echo.
Bullfrogs engage in deep debate
as I slowly settle
into night’s slumber.

Morning light seeps ever so quietly
over the now-still pond,
rocky sentinel peeks
from behind and above
 flowy clouds.
My eyes open,
heart soon follows,
mind drifts
to the decision of yesterday.
Only a day,
and I awaken to such newness.
I walk to the dock,
sit, watch the changing scene unfold.
I breathe… deeply,
allow it all in,
all out.
I feel the truth of me expand,
with a knowing that I did the right thing,
difficult though it was.
My own light will not diminish
because I had to let go –
for me.
In fact, I do believe that,
just as the sun makes is way
into each uniquely new day
and morning light widens,
 I will find
novel ways to shine.
Sarah Carlson
July 20, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment