These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Aflutter




At this point I remember truly feeling the energy of recovery that I mentioned in My True Essence and in other pieces. But sometimes I wasn't quite sure I knew how to move forward with that energy. One day I saw a butterfly when I was walking by the river and I watched it for a bit. It made me smile and this piece came as soon as I got home.

I took the picture in this post at a butterfly exhibit at the Smithsonian - one that you could walk right into and literally BE with many types of butterflies. I've always been intrigued by the Blue Morpho - with its vivid colors on the topside and solid browns for camoflage on the underside.

Aflutter

I know I no longer should
allow myself to be devalued
by things I cannot control.
I know I have shed the
mantle of apprehension
that I carried for so very long.
I know I am at home
within.
I am close to understanding
that I am truly able to walk away
from the hurt and move
forward with hope in my heart.
As I look ahead with anticipation, though,
I literally quiver,
feel all aflutter,
and my path is this way and that
without clear direction.
I think of the happy path
of a butterfly,
seemingly unaware of a direct route,
yet covering great distances during its life.
A butterfly, by instinct,
knows where it is going.
Do I?

Sarah Carlson
September 9, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment