These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Friday, December 17, 2010

Drifting




I was looking back through my poetry and I found this one, which I actually wrote before Aflutter. For some reason I had decided not include it, but last night when I read it I felt the need to share it - maybe because I've been feeling a bit 'drifty' lately, but in a very tender way.
So here it is...

Drifting

I feel as though I am drifting.
Held up by air currents that,
although gentle,
keep me swaying back and forth.
Back is often good,
sometimes unsettling,
fosters more realizations.
Forth is usually energizing,
sometimes produces the need to retreat
and internalize new learnings.
Drifting,
once tossed about
by the winds of change,
now stirred by
calming breezes of inner awareness
and a more pure sense of self.
Looking for a place to settle,
but not ready quite yet.
A place I’ve glimpsed
that is both
dark and light,
honorable and challenging,
serene and dynamic,
That place within
me
That is where
I truly live.

Sarah Carlson
July 29, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment