These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, December 6, 2010

Inner rumblings



One day I was standing near my brook and the water was flowing in such a way that the rocks on the bed of the brook were tumbling below the surface. It was a deep noise that had a rather soft power to it. Again I had a moment where something that was confusing me became more clear out in the world of nature. I had been feeling so much better as a result of the work I was doing, but there was a deep, old rumbly voice that had a power that was still adversely affecting me. Once I recognized it, though, it began to soften and its effects were not as far reaching as before.


Inner Rumblings

Deep, dark, rumbly voice
below the surface
works at my most inner places.
The surface can be clear,
sparkling really,
but the rumbly voice
gets in the way of my flow.
Yet as I learn to open,
that sparkling surface
penetrates more deeply.
The rumbling,
once so real and true,
no longer has as much
power over me.
In understanding its source,
I divert the negativity
and change the flow.
In knowing that my gifts
are mine because I deserve them
the rumbling becomes benign.
In realizing that my light
survived despite what I lost
the voice softens.
In celebrating the fact
that I am who I am,
as I should be,
my inner flow clears
and I learn to love
my self.

Sarah Carlson
July 19, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment