These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fluidity




Fluidity

Placid waters
gently lapping upon the shore.
Rhythmic – in, out, in out.
Quiet ripples of fluidity
that hold promise, hope,
deep knowing.
Morning mist softly
rises, disappearing
in the heat of the sun.
Storm surges of long ago battles
both known and unknown
still occur, though seldom.
Gently consuming,
somewhat convulsive
their power becomes benign
as the solid banks
of reclaimed self-worth
hold the reckless waters at bay
until they submit, subside
and join the flow.
Reflected light from above
dances and sparkles
upon the silvery surface
that’s only a glimpse of
what can be.
As my being becomes cleansed
and the light penetrates more deeply
I feel a freedom unlike any I’ve ever known.
The new day has dawned
and the diffused morning light
gives way to a glow
that shows the way
to what will be.
I now have the freedom
to fully learn to trust and
live MY life.
Sarah Carlson
October 7, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment