These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cracking open



I had a polarity session in the spring of 2007 that is one of many that were extremely memorable. In this one I had the sensation of cracking wide open. It was a physical feeling, but as I think back I realize that it was also about opening up on a whole different level emotionally (and spiritually, though I might not have been able to express that at the time) as well. As it happened during the session it was a truly lovely experience - it was just so right even though it was like nothing I had ever felt before. It came to me as I typed this that it was actually a huge relief and was coupled with a sense of promise, as so many of the sessions were. Here's a poem that I wrote sometime along the way after that session.

Open

I have an open heart
with arteries and veins
through which my lifeblood flows,
from which love pours to those
who share my life,
and into which I better
know how to let love in.
I have an open mind -
no longer as cluttered
with fears and perceptions
formed by
the chaos and confusion
of unattended sorrow.
I have open airways and lungs,
able to breathe deeply
and bring oxygen
to my ever faithful body.
I have open arms
willing to give hugs,
and get them back.
I have an open soul
filled to the brim with goodness,
ready to take in more,
knowing I deserve to feel.
I have open ears and eyes,
with which to see and hear
the beauty, the truth
of the world around me.
I am an open book
with pages and pages
waiting to record images
yet to be formed,
stories yet to be told.
I am flowing more freely now,
traveling openly
from here to there,
with much to do along the way.
Sarah Carlson
May 16, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment