These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Sunday, November 21, 2010

Peaceful storm




I think I will just let this one speak for itself.

Peaceful Storm

Snow falling ever so softly through a storm-gray sky.
Tickling the trees as it floats gently to the ground,
forming an ice cold blanket that warms animals in their burrows,
making a play space for my black lab and me.
Tranquil, white frosting covering pine boughs, fallen trees,
meandering brook, beloved river.
So quiet, so peaceful in the midst of a winter storm.
Again nature matches what is happening within me.
My storm still rages,
yet now has an element of serenity that I’ve just discovered.
Perhaps it’s the recognition of the duality of healing,
or the deeper understanding of how taming the anger
I have every right to feel has the potential of turning
a negative, consuming force
into a positive, freeing power.
Like the winds of change that will come later in this blizzard,
signaling the coming cold front,
I know that my inner peace may be disturbed again
by cool breezes of doubt and fear
that accompany my profound shifts.
But nature is once more saying to enjoy the now,
because the beauty of this peaceful storm
is temporary and fleeting -
A study in the complexities,
but more importantly,
the simplicities
of life.

Sarah Carlson
February 14, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment