These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Doum - water



This poem was another step in finding Barry again. My aching, broken heart began to heal as I became more able to access the love we had and could allow the memories to come flowing back. I was starting to say hello to the love I thought I had lost.

Doum – Water

Ocean waves rolled onto beaches
as we walked hand in hand
watching the sun seem to slip into the deep.
Whitecaps crashed, yet beckoned us
onto the lake to try the wind
in our sweet little Sunfish.
Fog rose from the still surface
as we sat in the motor boat
that cradled us as you tempted the fish.
River in motion, flowing past our home.
How many times, how many ways
did we make the trip from bridge to bridge?
Lakeside campsite on our island paradise,
sunrises, sunsets, moonbeams reflected
as we marveled at the beauty of it all.
And that very last time at our spot by the river,
babbling brook providing a musical background.
our friends the geese sharing the moment.

We met by the lake nestled
at the foot of our mountain.
Adventures galore as we formed our bond.
Family outings in canoes, kayaks,
at every stage of our children’s lives.
Oceans, lakes, rivers, streams.
Doum – water always a part of
who we were, what we had.
Perhaps that’s why when the river speaks
I know to listen.

Sarah Carlson
December 28, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment