These posts are visible with my most recent writing at the top, but the story starts with the first post. The poems have been added more or less as they surfaced and evolved through the process. Thank you for taking some time to explore with me. For more information and/or to schedule a reading contact me at meanderingspublications@gmail.com"> Bio page for Find Maine Writers:




Monday, November 29, 2010

Dark and light



I'm going to post a poem that came a year after the other 'cloudy' pieces. I think it might be important to show what a difference a year can make - both in what I had to say and how I said it. Many of the early poems were somewhat wordy. I believe that's because I had so much going on inside me and a plethora of words came tumbling out. As things progressed and I settled a bit my poetic voice changed. I think the pull to post a later piece here is, just in case there are people who are following along with me, I want to make sure to show hope. Maybe I've done that all along, not sure. I know it is in most every poem, but I just want to be sure to show it here.

Dark and Light

Intermingled
like water vapors
in a cloud that signals
a coming storm
or the dissipation
of what was.
Dark and light inhabiting
the same space
without judgment or fear,
there nestled together
within.
A peaceful and dynamic flow
of life experiences
known and unknown,
remembered and forgotten,
understood and not.
A deep realization that
without one the other
cannot truly be.
In turning and facing
the dark and all its facets,
the light that is dawning
has a quality, an essence
that rises above it all.
Sarah Carlson
May 20, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment